Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
Early booking discount
Germany: Onion forum 18th - 19th January 2018 in PeineThe third edition of the Onion forum, organized by the Agrarmarkt Informations-Gesellschaft and the Rheinische Landwirtschafts-Verlag, will take place for the first time in the traffic-oriented location of Peine.
When, on January 18th and 19th 2018, for two days everything will be revolving around the noble onion, hardly any aspects of the cultivation and marketing of the onion will be left out. Market developments both in Germany and abroad will be discussed and the food retail trade will share its outlook on onion marketing in general.
How to succeed in removing the carrot from the number one spot of most commonly produced German vegetables will be examined in discussions about land use and conservation, as well as irrigation. The second day of the event will start with a visit to the farm of Albert Elligsen, which is also located in Peine. In addition to the most modern sorting technology, the state-of-the-art storage units there will be on display. And why not take a further look at the elements of onion drying, post-harvest treatment and removal time both in theory and practice?
The full program and registration forms can be downloaded from www.moehrenundzwiebelforum.de. Members of the Trade Association of German Consumption Onions get a 50 Euro discount on the entrance fee. If tickets are booked before November 11th 2017 another 50 Euro discount will be credited, so that the all-inclusive two-day event will be open to you for 399 Euros (plus 19% VAT).
In addition to accommodations, lectures and food and drinks, also included is participation in the evening branch meeting. Furthermore you can test your (mini) goal scoring prowess against a former European and world champion, who will also be giving a motivational lecture addressing the fact that it is not only important to take losses seriously, but that successes must also be celebrated.
On the 18th and 19th of January 2018, the "Onionforum" will be unleashed again, this time in the town of Peine, Lower Saxony.
Publication date: 10/24/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: