- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- Australian papaya growers set for bumper crop
- Spain: "Our clementines don't hit the market until those from the southern hemisphere are sold out"
- Avocados: Mexico season taking over from California and Peru
- 'Fruit wants to start ripening only when the time is right'
- Del Monte orders six new container vessels
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Early booking discount
Germany: Onion forum 18th - 19th January 2018 in Peine
When, on January 18th and 19th 2018, for two days everything will be revolving around the noble onion, hardly any aspects of the cultivation and marketing of the onion will be left out. Market developments both in Germany and abroad will be discussed and the food retail trade will share its outlook on onion marketing in general.
How to succeed in removing the carrot from the number one spot of most commonly produced German vegetables will be examined in discussions about land use and conservation, as well as irrigation. The second day of the event will start with a visit to the farm of Albert Elligsen, which is also located in Peine. In addition to the most modern sorting technology, the state-of-the-art storage units there will be on display. And why not take a further look at the elements of onion drying, post-harvest treatment and removal time both in theory and practice?
The full program and registration forms can be downloaded from www.moehrenundzwiebelforum.de. Members of the Trade Association of German Consumption Onions get a 50 Euro discount on the entrance fee. If tickets are booked before November 11th 2017 another 50 Euro discount will be credited, so that the all-inclusive two-day event will be open to you for 399 Euros (plus 19% VAT).
In addition to accommodations, lectures and food and drinks, also included is participation in the evening branch meeting. Furthermore you can test your (mini) goal scoring prowess against a former European and world champion, who will also be giving a motivational lecture addressing the fact that it is not only important to take losses seriously, but that successes must also be celebrated.
On the 18th and 19th of January 2018, the "Onionforum" will be unleashed again, this time in the town of Peine, Lower Saxony.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/25/2017 "Due to low potato prices we are now competing with countries like Pakistan"
- 10/24/2017 Germany: Onion forum 18th - 19th January 2018 in Peine
- 09/29/2017 Spain: Great price gap between large and small onions
- 09/28/2017 Researchers extract cancer-fighting properties from Ontario grown onions
- 09/27/2017 Dutch onion exports hit record levels reaching nearly 1.1M tonnes
- 09/26/2017 Patatas Aguilar celebrates 50th anniversary and will invest 4 M€ in new machinery
- 09/25/2017 World onion sector to meet in Spain
- 09/25/2017 Kiremko releases new sliver remover for potato products
- 09/22/2017 Israel: Researchers develop more nutritious and colourful potatoes
- 09/21/2017 Global trade potatoes increasing
- 09/20/2017 Acreage reduction brings better prices for Oregon potato growers
- 09/19/2017 “As long as harvests are unpredictable, the need remains”
- 09/18/2017 New sorter for taking samples and a 2-in-1 Pack
- 09/15/2017 Maris Piper still king among UK potato growers
- 09/15/2017 GhanaVeg begins trials of eight onion varieties
- 09/14/2017 Fall in S Korean onion production brings opportunities for Chinese exporters
- 09/13/2017 "New way of packaging potatoes and onions"
- 09/12/2017 Indian researchers developing uniform-sized onions
- 09/12/2017 Tong demonstrates EasyFill Box Filler at Potato Europe
- 09/11/2017 India imports 2,400 tonnes of onions from Egypt to lower prices