Job offersmore »
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- Ecuador: Banana prices are expected to be high at the beginning of 2018
- Excessive temperatures worry Western Cape citrus farmers
- The new entry for the Crimson Snow family is the French Mesfruits
- "We currently distribute 7,000 to 8,000 fruit baskets a week"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Spain is the number one exporter of fresh fruit and vegetables globally
Exchange ratesmore »
OrtoRomi and Canova sign agreement to produce extracts, soups and ready mealsThe consumption of traditional fruit juice is dropping, while extracts are going strong. OrtoRomi and Canova are working together to develop organic fruit and vegetable extracts, but the cooperation will also include soups, ready meals, fresh-cut and pre-cooked products.
Elio Pelosin (in the photo), president of OrtoRomi, explains: "We worked on this agreement with Canova because it's the leading company in Italy in the organic produce sector and its Almaverde Bio brand is widely known."
Ernesto Fornari (above), director of Canova, adds that "fruit and vegetable extracts are getting increasingly popular and the use organic produce adds value to them. OrtoRomi invested a lot to develop its unique extraction technique, i.e. high-pressure cold extraction that guarantees a longer shelf-life without the need for pasteurisation. This way, colour and flavour remain unaltered."
Six flavours will be available at first, including brassica, grape, soft fruit and pomegranate mixes. Pre-cooked soups and minestrone will also be made with organic produce and will be prepared by OrtoRomi.
The alliance between these two companies enables them to meet the increasing demand for innovation and combine high service content (products that are easy to use and save time) with healthiness and environmental sustainability - something that only an organic approach can guarantee.
Ortoromi Soc. Coop. Agr.
Via Piovega, 55
35010 Borgoricco (PD) - Italy
Tel.: (+39) 049 7480700
Fax: (+39) 049 7480800
Via Emilia Levante, 2750
47020 Longiano (FC)
Tel.: (+39) 0547 53019
Fax: (+39) 0547 652266
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: