Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
5,300 kilos of cocaine in bananas intercepted at Antwerp
In collaboration with the Belgian police, Dutch police have confiscated a consignment of 5,300 kilos of cocaine in the port of Antwerp. The drugs were hidden in a container of bananas from Colombia. This took place on Friday October 13, no suspects have been arrested yet.
The collaboration between Dutch and Belgian police came about after Dutch police were tipped off about this load. The cocaine was hidden between the bunches of bananas and was intended for the Netherlands. The street value of the drugs is estimated at over 200 million Euro. The police are investigating the case further.
Large amounts of drugs are being intercepted more and more often. Last year a record volume of 13,000 kilos of cocaine was found in the port of Rotterdam last year. The larger supply of drugs could be the result of the peace negotiations between the Colombian government and the FARC, who regulated the drug trade from the country.
Publication date: 10/23/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: