Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Zhuhai Port Quarantine service detects Monilinia fructicola fungus for the first time
On October 17, the Technical Center of the Zhuhai Inspection and Quarantine Bureau found a Monilinia fructicola fungus in a batch of honey peaches. This was the first time such a dangerous plant pathogen had been detected at an international port. Given the risk of transmission, the batch was immediately destroyed.
According to the report, in the early morning, the Inspection and Quarantine officers checked the personal belongings of a Macao worker with X-rays and found fruits and veg that are banned from entering. After a closer inspection, police confiscated 1 batch of honey peaches weighing 0.35 kg. They instructed the worker that peaches must be eaten fresh and can't be kept in the luggage.
Source: Technical Center Zhuhai Inspection and Quarantine Bureau
Publication date: 10/23/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: