Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- "We currently distribute 7,000 to 8,000 fruit baskets a week"
- Excessive temperatures worry Western Cape citrus farmers
- Ecuador: Banana prices are expected to be high at the beginning of 2018
- The new entry for the Crimson Snow family is the French Mesfruits
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
US supporting fight against breast cancer: 'Chiquita' goes pink
Chiquita wants to bring awareness to women about breast cancer early detection, supporting well being and active lifestyle for disease prevention.
In the month of October 100 million Chiquita bananas will be wearing Pink across the world. Additionally, Chiquita North America is taking part in the American Cancer Society Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk to help save lives from breast cancer.
In communities across the nation, Chiquita North America is committed to giving a donation to help the Society fund breast cancer research, provide free, comprehensive information and support, and help people take steps to reduce their breast cancer risk or find it early when it’s most treatable.
“The American Cancer Society provides information and support to those touched by breast cancer and funds research to better understand, prevent, find and treat the disease,” said Carolina Villarreal, Director Consumer Marketing, U.S. & Canada."
"Chiquita, North America is participating company-wide in the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer events in our communities and is committed to helping the Society lead the fight for a world without breast cancer.”
Making Strides is the largest network of breast cancer awareness events in the nation, uniting more than 250 communities across the country in celebration of breast cancer survivors, paying tribute to loved ones lost, and raising funds to end breast cancer once and for all.
For more information:
Publication date: 10/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: