Job offersmore »
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
Top 5 - yesterday
- Spain: Report accuses major veg producer of severe environmental damage
- One of New Zealand’s newest apple varieties starts Dazzling the world
- Grape grower-shipper opens new warehouse in Nogales, AZ
- AU: New technology delivering biodegradable produce labels
- Canada: Big data means big returns for farmers British Columbia
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Brands include Mann's, Walmart, Trader Joe's and more
Fresh cut vegetables recalled across North America after Listeria found
Mann Packing of Salinas, California is voluntarily recalling minimally processed vegetable products because they may be contaminated with listeria monocytogenes.
Mann Packing is issuing this recall in response to a single positive result found during random sampling by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency. To date, public health officials have not reported any illnesses associated with these products.
The recalled product has the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems.
Although healthy individuals may suffer only short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea, Listeria infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women.
The brands of fresh vegetable products included in the recall are:
- Western Family
- Archer Farms
- Little Salad Bar
- Signature Farms
- Trader Joe’s
- Cross Valley Farms
- Sysco Natural
The recalled products were distributed throughout the United States and Canada with "best if used by" dates from October 12 to October 20 listed on the front of the packaging. For recalled products distributed at retail and foodservice, product names, UPC codes and "best if used buy" dates are listed here.
Publication date: 10/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: