Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Walmart plans to sell Japanese supermarket unit Seiyu
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Earthbound Farm to launch new organic line of riced veggies and chopped salad kits
Meeting rising consumer demand for more convenient ways to include organic vegetables in everyday meals, Earthbound Farm is launching a new line of organic riced veggies and chopped salad kits.
The new items will be previewed at the Produce Marketing Association’s Fresh Summit show October 20 and 21, with full commercial launch set for January 2018 as healthy eating trends dominate consumer meal-planning.
The new line of recipe-ready organic riced veggies includes Cauliflower, Cauliflower & Broccoli, and Cauliflower Medley (cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, onions).
Earthbound hopes to capitalise on the current consumer trend of seeking alternatives to rice and pasta with the Riced Veggies. At retail, riced vegetables are demonstrating impressive growth with +60% year-over-year sales growth (Source: Nielsen, Total US XAOC, Last 52 Wks – W/E 05/27/2017).
Expanding the company’s line of popular organic chopped salad kits, Sweet Kale and Caesar join the established Southwest and Asian Style. Sweet Kale will come with a combination of cabbage, kale, radicchio, crispy onions, dried cranberries, and sunflower seeds with ginger honey dressing with Caesar offering cabbage, romaine, radicchio, mini croutons, shredded parmesan and Caesar dressing.
Organic salad kits, like riced vegetables are also seeing impressive growth, with sales up 75% in the latest 52 weeks across xAOC (Source: Nielsen; xAOC; Latest 52 wks ending 7/29/17).
All three Earthbound Farm Organic Riced Veggie items (suggested retail price of $4.99) and the two new Organic Chopped Salad Kits (suggested retail price of $4.49) will officially launch in January.
For more information:
Tel: +1 831 293 4279
Publication date: 10/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: