Job offersmore »
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Earthbound Farm to launch new organic line of riced veggies and chopped salad kits
Meeting rising consumer demand for more convenient ways to include organic vegetables in everyday meals, Earthbound Farm is launching a new line of organic riced veggies and chopped salad kits.
The new items will be previewed at the Produce Marketing Association’s Fresh Summit show October 20 and 21, with full commercial launch set for January 2018 as healthy eating trends dominate consumer meal-planning.
The new line of recipe-ready organic riced veggies includes Cauliflower, Cauliflower & Broccoli, and Cauliflower Medley (cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, onions).
Earthbound hopes to capitalise on the current consumer trend of seeking alternatives to rice and pasta with the Riced Veggies. At retail, riced vegetables are demonstrating impressive growth with +60% year-over-year sales growth (Source: Nielsen, Total US XAOC, Last 52 Wks – W/E 05/27/2017).
Expanding the company’s line of popular organic chopped salad kits, Sweet Kale and Caesar join the established Southwest and Asian Style. Sweet Kale will come with a combination of cabbage, kale, radicchio, crispy onions, dried cranberries, and sunflower seeds with ginger honey dressing with Caesar offering cabbage, romaine, radicchio, mini croutons, shredded parmesan and Caesar dressing.
Organic salad kits, like riced vegetables are also seeing impressive growth, with sales up 75% in the latest 52 weeks across xAOC (Source: Nielsen; xAOC; Latest 52 wks ending 7/29/17).
All three Earthbound Farm Organic Riced Veggie items (suggested retail price of $4.99) and the two new Organic Chopped Salad Kits (suggested retail price of $4.49) will officially launch in January.
For more information:
Tel: +1 831 293 4279
Publication date: 10/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: