Job offersmore »
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- Ecuador: Banana prices are expected to be high at the beginning of 2018
- Excessive temperatures worry Western Cape citrus farmers
- "We currently distribute 7,000 to 8,000 fruit baskets a week"
- The new entry for the Crimson Snow family is the French Mesfruits
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
DeltaTrak's FlashLink monitoring solution gets new security features
DeltaTrak has announced the addition of a new data security feature to the FlashLink BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) Wireless Monitoring Solution.
According to Frederick Wu, President and CEO of DeltaTrak, “With the new security feature, shippers have the option to require receivers to enter an access code before they can see or download data from the BLE loggers. This gives them that extra layer of data security.”
A smartphone app sends information from a mobile device to the BLE Web Application where it can be viewed remotely by authorized users.
This solution is ideal for three types of applications which include 24/7 facility monitoring, pre-cooling operations, and delivery routes. With the FlashLink BLE loggers, customers have secure access to data, immediate alert notifications, and reports in PDF and CSV formats.
The FlashLink BLE logger helps suppliers maintain continuous visibility of temperature and humidity during facility monitoring and pre-cooling operations. It is especially ideal for 24/7 facility monitoring, such as cold storage warehouses, distribution centers, greenhouses, temperature controlled processing, packing and staging areas. Alert notifications are sent to personnel which allow them to take quick corrective action before products are compromised by changes in temperature conditions.
The technology can help pre-cooling operations improve efficiency, increase pallet throughput and extend product shelf life. The loggers monitor produce in cooling tunnels and when required temperatures are reached alerts are sent via email or SMS notifications.
Instead of pre-cooling based on time and relying on staff to take pulp temperature, this automates tracking and provides real-time temperature conditions during the process. Data can be analysed by personnel to identify strengths and weaknesses of their operation, and assure that products are adequately cooled, while eliminating the problem of pallets not being cooled long enough.
For delivery routes, receivers can also read temperature history data from the FlashLink BLE Logger without opening the vehicle doors or locating the logger inside the truck. As soon as a vehicle arrives, the smart phone application accesses data from the logger from up to ~100 feet / 30 meters away, so information is available immediately upon arrival.
All data is available in the cloud, where temperature and location are reviewed remotely for tracking shipments in progress, making cold chain management decisions and reports for audits, HACCP and FSMA documentation.
DeltaTrak will be demonstration the technology at this years PMA Fresh Summit 2017 at booth #3417.
For more information:
Publication date: 10/19/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: