Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: "We are receiving orders for organic citrus"The demand for organic citrus fruits is crossing borders and various European Union countries are trying to order this product from Spanish producers. "We don't grow organic citrus, but we do work with producers which have them available," explains Fernando Ruiz, of La Sabrosa Fruits.
They have asked for their collaboration to cover the demand for this type of fruit this year. "So far, only a few customers have come to us, but they have ordered a large volume." If this trend continues, the Valencian company intends to start growing its own organic fruit in the coming years.
This year, the associated growers have a production totalling 5 to 10 million kilos. "We believe that the demand for organic will continue, especially since people are becoming more wary about chemicals; they give more importance to health issues when eating their food and avoid chemical substances." Organic citrus fruits are reaching markets like France, Sweden and the United Kingdom.
For more information:
La Sabrosa Fruits
Tel.: +34 627 600 869
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: