Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: "We are receiving orders for organic citrus"The demand for organic citrus fruits is crossing borders and various European Union countries are trying to order this product from Spanish producers. "We don't grow organic citrus, but we do work with producers which have them available," explains Fernando Ruiz, of La Sabrosa Fruits.
They have asked for their collaboration to cover the demand for this type of fruit this year. "So far, only a few customers have come to us, but they have ordered a large volume." If this trend continues, the Valencian company intends to start growing its own organic fruit in the coming years.
This year, the associated growers have a production totalling 5 to 10 million kilos. "We believe that the demand for organic will continue, especially since people are becoming more wary about chemicals; they give more importance to health issues when eating their food and avoid chemical substances." Organic citrus fruits are reaching markets like France, Sweden and the United Kingdom.
For more information:
La Sabrosa Fruits
Tel.: +34 627 600 869
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: