Job offersmore »
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
- Sales representative - (TN, KY, NC, SC and GA) USA
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Banana farmers listen to complaints from workers in Ecuador
After the complaints made at the First International Meeting of Banana Workers, organised by the Association of Agricultural and Farm Workers (Astac) in Guayaquil, Ecuador several employers´unions rejected the statements made and showed their openness to the dialogue to hear the complaints of the workers.
General Coordinator of Astac Jorge Acosta, said: “We want the banana production to coexist with fair working conditions.”
On the Social Security rights of the workers, administrator of the Association of Commercialisation and Exportation of Banana Richard Salazar affirmed that the companies comply with the environmental and labor standards, one of the most demanding in Latin America, and controls are constant.
According to the Chamber of Agriculture, Ecuador receives $ 2.8 billion in foreign exchange income and accounts for 25% of the country’s non-oil exports. The sector generates 200,000 direct jobs.
Publication date: 10/18/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: