Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
Oneonta’s JUICI™ apple to show star power at PMA
As an encore to its 2016 debut, the JUICI™ apple from Oneonta Starr Ranch Growers are headed to this year’s PMA Fresh Summit in New Orleans and center stage at booth 429.
The Oct. 20-21 exposition, expected to draw some 20,000 attendees to the Big Easy, provides the perfect showcase for the exciting JUICI™, which is receiving rave reviews as more and more consumers discover its uniquely delicious sweet-tart flavor. A cross between Honeycrisp and Braeburn, JUICI™ offers the best of both varieties with its flavor balance as well as its delightful crunch and juiciness. In fact, the tagline this year promises, “If you like Honeycrisp, you’ll love JUICI™!”
According to Bruce Turner, OSRG National Marketing Representative, 2017’s excellent growing conditions in the Northwest brought additional volume and wider distribution.
“We experienced a later harvest this year, and the JUICI™ has come in with absolutely amazing color and intense flavor,” Turner said. He added that although volume is increased for 2017, supplies of JUICI™ are still limited. “New plantings are yet to come into production, but we are expecting a full season of availability by 2019.”
“We hope everyone will stop by Booth 429 and try our JUICI™. We’ll also be featuring our domestic KORU® apples, a wonderfully flavorful variety from New Zealand that is now grown in Washington,” he said.
In addition to the newer apple varieties, Oneonta Starr Ranch is also introducing innovative organic packaging and its new line of organic Red and Green Anjous, Bartletts and Boscs pears from Diamond Fruit Growers.
For additional information:
Oneonta Starr Ranch Growers
Publication date: 10/18/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: