Job offersmore »
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
- Sales Area Managers - Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Portugal
- Chief Operations Officer - Deerfield (MA) USA
- LED strategic account manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Ukraine: Rise in the price of apples for processingIn Ukraine, there is currently a shortage of apples for processing, which is forcing processing companies to pay higher prices. At the moment, they are purchasing this type of raw material for prices that are 1.5-2 times more expensive than a year ago, according to APK-Inform: Vegetables and Fruits.
According to information supplied by market participants, apples for processing are currently sold for 3.5-5 UAH/kg (0.11-0.16 EUR/kg), and in some cases the prices for raw materials reach up to 6 UAH/kg (0.19 EUR/kg). For comparison: in mid-October 2016, the price of an apple for processing in Ukraine did not exceed 3 UAH/kg, and even then the processors refused to buy at those prices, as they were considered too high.
Market analysts believe that this price situation is the result of a marked decline in the country's apple production; nevertheless, they highlight that in neighbouring Poland the prices for these types of raw materials are today on average 40% higher than in Ukraine.
Publication date: 10/17/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: