Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Mozambique soon to produce over 200k tonnes of cashew per year
Mozambique is expected to produce 200,000 tonnes of cashew nuts per year in the short term, according to Prime Minister Agostinho Carlos do Rosário, who backed up his statement with investments being made in the cash crop.
The prime minister, who recalled that Mozambique had already exceeded that level of production before independence in 1975, said that Nampula is among the country’s provinces to produce the most cashews, with 60,000 tonnes or almost half of the current production of 137,000 tonnes.
Rosário was speaking at the Nassuruma’s intensive cashew production field in Meconta district as part of his working visit to Nampula from Thursday to Saturday last week, according to Mozambican news agency AIM.
Rosário also visited Alfa-Agricultura, a South African company whose owners spent US$8.6 million on production of cashew nuts, vegetables and fruit on a plot of 1,080 hectares.
Publication date: 10/17/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: