Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- "We currently distribute 7,000 to 8,000 fruit baskets a week"
- Excessive temperatures worry Western Cape citrus farmers
- Ecuador: Banana prices are expected to be high at the beginning of 2018
- The new entry for the Crimson Snow family is the French Mesfruits
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
Mozambique soon to produce over 200k tonnes of cashew per year
Mozambique is expected to produce 200,000 tonnes of cashew nuts per year in the short term, according to Prime Minister Agostinho Carlos do Rosário, who backed up his statement with investments being made in the cash crop.
The prime minister, who recalled that Mozambique had already exceeded that level of production before independence in 1975, said that Nampula is among the country’s provinces to produce the most cashews, with 60,000 tonnes or almost half of the current production of 137,000 tonnes.
Rosário was speaking at the Nassuruma’s intensive cashew production field in Meconta district as part of his working visit to Nampula from Thursday to Saturday last week, according to Mozambican news agency AIM.
Rosário also visited Alfa-Agricultura, a South African company whose owners spent US$8.6 million on production of cashew nuts, vegetables and fruit on a plot of 1,080 hectares.
Publication date: 10/17/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: