Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- “Europe is literally waiting for every lemon”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
5th Expo Prune Conference in Chile
Chile, the number 1 exporter of prunes in the world, will be holding the 5th Expo Prune Conference, one of the most important congresses for this sector worldwide, on Wednesday, November 8, 2017, at the Monticello Convention Center.
"This year, the focus of the Expo will be on the 360º quality challenge, its challenges and implications, as seen by each of the parties involved in the value chain, producers, processors, and importers. We will also discuss commercial aspects, the sales experience at the destination markets, and this season's lessons," stated the executive director of ChilePrunes, Andres Rodríguez.
This event will include important international exhibitors, such as Pedro Torrijos, the director for Latin America of Importaco, who stated that quality was the only way to leadership, and Bill Krueger, a plum production specialist at UC Davis, who will speak about California's successful experience. There will also be roundtable where the sector will conduct a 360º quality analysis from a commercial, production, process, and market perspective.
Chile Prunes invites producers, advisers, managers, exporters, and the entire value chain of this industry to participate in this meeting to listen to and discuss with the main decision makers of the global and Chilean prune industry.
Program details at: www.expociruelassecas.cl
Industry figures and projections
Chile is the world's leading exporter of prunes. Exports in 2017 are expected to reach US $220 million, which would imply a 39% increase compared to the US $158 million recorded in the previous period. In 2016, Chile exported its prunes to 77 destination countries. The main destinations were the United States, the United Kingdom, Mexico, and a number of European countries.
Publication date: 10/17/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: