Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Cooler inventory management system advanced with paperless picking function
Warehouses and coolers are an inevitable element of the fresh produce value chain. “We developed RedLine Cooler to support grower-shippers with real-time, 100 percent visibility of inventory, while increasing staff productivity,” says Todd Baggett with RedLine Solutions. “The system also optimizes product rotation, reduces shipping errors, and helps you load your trucks faster.”
RedLine Cooler is designed for long-term reliability in the harsh operational environments of coolers, freezers and warehouses. “From the moment produce is received at the cooler, the system records, directs and updates staff as well as the grower’s accounting system to assure optimum visibility and staff efficiencies,” said Baggett. “RedLine Cooler has been bringing benefits to companies across North America for years; we continually add new features that build customer value, to keep the system as fresh as the produce it supports.”
Some key features are:
- Avoids time wasted looking for the correct product for each order. The software identifies the precise locations of the most suitable product for each order.
- Up to the minute inventory visibility makes sales team more effective.
- Human errors are avoided with the use of system directed put-away, picking, reserving, and shipping functions.
- Shipment accuracy is assured with order validation.
- Pallet changes can be tracked at the case level with the pallet consolidation features.
- Paperless order fulfilment option pushes the next order directly to the next available forklift driver, via the mobile device, so they do not have to go to the office.
- All inventory movements get updated in real-time with rugged mobile scanners so inventory is accurate and stock is never lost.
Paperless picking function – dispatch loader
The functionality of RedLine Cooler has increased every year. Recently, a new paperless picking function, Dispatch Loader, was added. “It eliminates the need for a printed pick list, which saves forklift drivers time going to the office to collect their next order,” said Baggett. The system operates on Zebra rugged mobile computers. The office can assign and push an order directly to a specific forklift driver’s mobile computer. The system can also queue and assign available orders, and notify the drivers of new orders are waiting. The driver can then accept a new order, on their mobile computer, and start working without the need for a printed picklist, which increases their productivity.
Dispatcher loader also allows multiple staff members to work on a single order. If the order is not completed for any reason, it can be returned to and finished later by another driver. The system can be configured to display a list of the most suitable product for each order, saving time and assuring optimum stock rotation. Once the driver scans the selected pallet, the system rechecks that that pallet matches the order requirement, which ensures shipment accuracy.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: