Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- "We currently distribute 7,000 to 8,000 fruit baskets a week"
- Excessive temperatures worry Western Cape citrus farmers
- Ecuador: Banana prices are expected to be high at the beginning of 2018
- The new entry for the Crimson Snow family is the French Mesfruits
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
The Produce Mom at 49th annual Nogales Fresh Produce Convention
The 49th Annual Nogales Fresh Produce Convention and Golf Tournament is less than a month away! Make sure to reserve your tickets now for this wonderful celebration kicking off what is sure to be another great season.
A major highlight of this year’s convention will be an educational session with Lori Taylor, aka The Produce Mom. She’ll be there on Thursday Nov 2, discussing what consumers look for when shopping in the produce aisle. Through her website, theproducemom.com, Taylor surveyed her audience to find out what the look for in fruits and vegetables and just what they think about fresh produce from coming in from Mexico.
"We take great pride in educating consumers about the universal quality and safety of produce that is sold in the United States. FPAA has empowered the Produce Moms with facts and knowledge to better educate households about Mexican grown fruits and vegetables,” states Lori Taylor CEO of The Produce Moms. "I look forward to sharing insights about our efforts to increase consumer confidence and knowledge in fresh produce grown in Mexico."
Taylor has more than a decade of experience in the produce industry and has served as a sales representative, buyer, and marketing manager. Using her website, social media presence, and passion, the Produce Mom works as an advocate for the fresh produce industry encouraging her audience to eat more fruits and vegetables, and serving as a liaison between the industry and consumers to help them better understand each other. She is also the recipient of various awards and accolades, including Produce Business Magazine’s 40 under 40 in 2014.
Sponsors for the convention have already begun to pitch in, including the Nogales US Customs Brokers Association/Port Devanning Service who achieved status of Distinguished sponsor by donating $23,500 to the convention. Other notable sponsors include J-C Distributing, the Packer, AndNowUKnow, and Blue Book Services, Inc. Cropper’s Nogales Auto Center, Horne Ford, and Jim Click dealerships will provide 3 brand-new cars for Hole-in-One contests -- which means each player will have four chances to win a car or other fabulous Hole-in-One prizes.
The convention will also be hosting a panel of industry professionals to discuss the North American Free Trade Agreement(NAFTA) and the current negotiations surrounding it. Panelists such as Walter Ram of Giumarra Cos, Martin Ley of Fresh Evolution, and Javier Badillo of Fresh International will talk about what they think of the negotiations and what changes they would like to see made going forward.
You can register for the convention online at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/49th-nogales-produce-convention-and-golf-tournament-tickets-36842608233?aff=erelexpmlt
Fresh Produce Association of the Americas
Publication date: 10/17/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: