Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Excellent EU grape market – if only the grapes can get there
- Winter storm Benji dusts southern US and Mexico with rare snow
- Challenges and opportunities for Colombia's banana sector
- California growers set out to fully assess wildfire damage
- Morocco: Strawberry acreage grows from 10 to 3,660 hectares in 27 years
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
PMA Fresh Summit
Guatemala increases number of delegates by 75% to 80 members
AGEXPORT has organised an 80-member delegation to represent the entire offer of Guatemala's agriculture products and related services at the 2017 edition of the PMA Fresh Summit.
According to Mr. Estuardo Castro, president of the Agritrade Platfrom of AGEXPORT, Guatemala’s participation in this international fair has contributed the establishment of the United States as a key partner for Guatemala. Nowadays, the country exports more than than US$1.1 billion in vegetables and fresh fruits to the US yearly.
"During these 30 years, as exporters and visitors of these fair, we have been able to meet with industry leaders, improve our relations with suppliers, gather important decision-making information; all these with the objective of developing more businesses. We are also displaying for the first time our “Guatemala Beyond Expectations” brand, explained Mr. Castro.
Guatemala’s 2017 delegation grew by 75% due to the participation of 50 companies that seek to generate more than 200 business meetings. This, added to the agriculture and IT companies that offer services for agricultural processes, stated the President of AGRITRADE.
The companies integrating this delegation are: Aliar, Coprisa, Frutesa, Frutico, Flores Bohemia, Agrocumbre, Cooperative Agrícola Integral Cuatro Pinos, Asocafé Pochuta, Logidoc, Maxim, FIDA, AIMAR, APL, SIESA, Homeland, Agroindustrias Del Trópico, San Juan Agroexport, El Labrador, FONAGRO, Grupo El Tesoro, Corporación Occidental, COMBEX IM, UPS and Agribolsa; as well as representatives from the Peas and Ornamentals commissions of AGEXPORT.
For more information:
Tel: +502 2422 3400
Publication date: 10/18/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: