Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- "We currently distribute 7,000 to 8,000 fruit baskets a week"
- Excessive temperatures worry Western Cape citrus farmers
- Ecuador: Banana prices are expected to be high at the beginning of 2018
- The new entry for the Crimson Snow family is the French Mesfruits
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
Carrots labelled organic found to contain pesticides in France
Some carrots labelled as organic in France have been found to contain more pesticides than non-organic ones, a France 3 investigation has found.
The broadcaster sent carrots - chosen as it is a vegetable that tends to retain pesticides - bought from eight stores for testing. The produce selected was evenly split along bio / non-bio lines.
No trace of pesticides were found in conventional carrots bought from well-known stores Leader Price or Carrefour. Lidl and Primeur du Quartier carrots contained traces well below maximum permitted limits.
Three of the four organic brands - from Carrefour, Naturalia and La Vie Claire - were also free of pesticides, but Bio c'Bon produce bought for the study contained 'residues of three phytosanitary products' that are 'prohibited in the organic culture', the France 3 team discovered.
Publication date: 10/16/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: