Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Carrots labelled organic found to contain pesticides in France
Some carrots labelled as organic in France have been found to contain more pesticides than non-organic ones, a France 3 investigation has found.
The broadcaster sent carrots - chosen as it is a vegetable that tends to retain pesticides - bought from eight stores for testing. The produce selected was evenly split along bio / non-bio lines.
No trace of pesticides were found in conventional carrots bought from well-known stores Leader Price or Carrefour. Lidl and Primeur du Quartier carrots contained traces well below maximum permitted limits.
Three of the four organic brands - from Carrefour, Naturalia and La Vie Claire - were also free of pesticides, but Bio c'Bon produce bought for the study contained 'residues of three phytosanitary products' that are 'prohibited in the organic culture', the France 3 team discovered.
Publication date: 10/16/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: