Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New packaging requirement to reduce fruit & veg waste in Turkey
According to a new regulation that determines the standards to be observed in the wholesale and retail trade of fruits and vegetables in Turkey, all fruits and vegetables will be required to be transported with packaging as of 2018.
"This development will have a positive effect on the reduction of waste and make a great contribution to the economy," the General Secretary of the Association of Packaging Industrialists (ASD) said.
According to the new rules, fruits and vegetables will be transported in disposable or reusable packaging and all foreign substances will be purified and protected and transported in appropriate conditions.
It was explained that about 15-20 billion pounds of food was lost last year, before reaching the consumer, because it was not packaged by the fruit and vegetable industry.
Publication date: 10/16/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: