Job offersmore »
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
New packaging requirement to reduce fruit & veg waste in Turkey
According to a new regulation that determines the standards to be observed in the wholesale and retail trade of fruits and vegetables in Turkey, all fruits and vegetables will be required to be transported with packaging as of 2018.
"This development will have a positive effect on the reduction of waste and make a great contribution to the economy," the General Secretary of the Association of Packaging Industrialists (ASD) said.
According to the new rules, fruits and vegetables will be transported in disposable or reusable packaging and all foreign substances will be purified and protected and transported in appropriate conditions.
It was explained that about 15-20 billion pounds of food was lost last year, before reaching the consumer, because it was not packaged by the fruit and vegetable industry.
Publication date: 10/16/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: