Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- “Single pineapple box ready for introduction”
- "Packing under our own brand is about driving innovation, driving taste, adding value"
- Central Valley grape crop benefits from lack of extreme heat
- Multi-million dollar campaign and in-store displays drive Halos mandarin sales
- Plums and cherries: Delicious new hybrid from California
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Walmart plans to sell Japanese supermarket unit Seiyu
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New packaging requirement to reduce fruit & veg waste in Turkey
According to a new regulation that determines the standards to be observed in the wholesale and retail trade of fruits and vegetables in Turkey, all fruits and vegetables will be required to be transported with packaging as of 2018.
"This development will have a positive effect on the reduction of waste and make a great contribution to the economy," the General Secretary of the Association of Packaging Industrialists (ASD) said.
According to the new rules, fruits and vegetables will be transported in disposable or reusable packaging and all foreign substances will be purified and protected and transported in appropriate conditions.
It was explained that about 15-20 billion pounds of food was lost last year, before reaching the consumer, because it was not packaged by the fruit and vegetable industry.
Publication date: 10/16/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: