Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- "We currently distribute 7,000 to 8,000 fruit baskets a week"
- Excessive temperatures worry Western Cape citrus farmers
- Ecuador: Banana prices are expected to be high at the beginning of 2018
- The new entry for the Crimson Snow family is the French Mesfruits
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
Tong to showcase advancements in potato handling at BP2017
Tong Engineering will be promoting their latest advancements in potato grading, washing and handling equipment at this year’s British Potato event in Harrogate on 22nd and 23rd November.
Exhibiting at BP2017 on stand 209, when the event returns to the Yorkshire Event Centre, Tong is welcoming visitors to the company's stand to enjoy light refreshments and find out more about their latest potato handling equipment developments that are bringing increased efficiencies, reduced costs, minimal labour requirements and increased crop yield.
"As with all technology, the capabilities of potato grading, washing and processing equipment is advancing all the time, making the handling process from field to pack much more productive," says Edward Tong, Managing Director at Tong Engineering.
"The BP2017 event brings the opportunity to meet with existing and new customers to discuss how these advancements can be embraced for noticeable bottom-line savings."
"With downward pressure on potato prices, our customers are continuously looking at how they can reduce handling costs whilst improving the value and quality of their saleable crop," explains Edward. “An increasing minimum wage means labour costs are steadily on the up, and in many cases are highest on the 'cost-reduction' agenda.”
“As the UK distributor of the Swiss-manufactured Visar optical sorter, we are seeing significant advances for the potato industry in the automation of the potato grading and sorting process,” says Edward. “Visar’s optical potato sorter is exceptionally accurate and consistent, it allows potato growers and processors to quality sort, grade and weigh crop more efficiently and accurately with one machine, without the need for manual sorting; cutting labour costs whilst increasing grading accuracy and consistency.”
"The BP2017 event is always a key date in the potato industry calendar. We look forward to exhibiting at the event once again to discuss our customer's potato handling requirements for 2018 and beyond."
For more information:
Tel: +44 01790 752771
Publication date: 10/16/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: