Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
Richard Strijbis, Tovano:
"We will further expand walnuts in 25 kg boxes this year"
At Tovano, specialised in nuts and dried southern fruits, countless harvests have arrived once again. "Recently the new harvest of apricots arrived. The harvest prospects were good, but hail in the most important phase of the harvest disrupted this. Partially due to this, the prices are up a little," says Richard Strijbis. He believes apricots are one of the most popular dried fruits. They are available at Tovano in various sizes and packagings (5kg, 12.5kg and the well known dishes). Tovano also has the sulphur free version in their assortment.
Last week the Spanish figs, also known as mini or snacking figs, arrived. "Due to the high level of natural sugars this is an ideal product to give you a little energy boost," says Richard. The fig assortment will soon be complimented by the new harvest of Turkish figs, which left their country of origin today. These figs are packaging in the well known 3x5 kg boxes and are available in the sizes 2 and 4.
Inshell walnuts USA
The Diamond inshell walnuts are expected in the second week of November. "After their good reception in the first year in 25 kg boxes instead of bales, we will continue to expand this. Tovano is the only one in Europe to offer walnuts like this. The reservations are going quickly at the moment. If you don't want to miss the first arrival, reserve right away," Richard concludes.
For more information:
4676 LM Maasdijk
Tel.: (0174) 52 83 33
Fax: (0174) 52 80 01
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: