Job offersmore »
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- Ecuador: Banana prices are expected to be high at the beginning of 2018
- Excessive temperatures worry Western Cape citrus farmers
- The new entry for the Crimson Snow family is the French Mesfruits
- "We currently distribute 7,000 to 8,000 fruit baskets a week"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Spain is the number one exporter of fresh fruit and vegetables globally
Exchange ratesmore »
Steven Koemans, WPL Industries:
"Weighing solutions from 0.1 gram to 60 tonnes"
In the past WPL Industries from Geldermals was very active in the fruit and vegetable sector with its weighing equipment. When parts of the company were sold a few years ago, the attention shifted to other industries, but WPL industries is now ready for a 'comeback'. "The basis of this is a new generation of weigh checkers that have to capacity to weigh up to 160 products per minute with weighing band length between 30 and 80 centimetres. To be able to offer a total solution as a producer of weighing equipment, WPL industries has also developed a series of scales with indicators.
"We can carry out a lot of projects in the fruit and vegetable sector that we used to do with equipment from third parties, but now have the most modern equipment developed by ourselves," says Steven Koemans. "Our assortment includes a complete range for weighing, sorting, filling and labelling. We build both standard weighing solutions and made to size machines. The reach is from 0.1 grams to 60 tonnes. The assortment includes bank scales, floor scales, pallet scales, packaging tables with weighing equipment, check weighers and weight and price labeling systems. They have all been independently certified for the use for trade purposes in the EU."
"In the past we were mostly active in weighing and labelling packaged cut fruit and vegetables. Now we also supply the weighing equipment for simple applications that we give a three year guarantee on," says Steven. "We have weighing solutions that go to a stable weight very quickly. The advanced electronics can carry out over a thousand measurements per second. There are also various models with a normal 7 segments display for just weight display to models with full colour touchscreens.
"The weighing equipment can also be linked together, for instance for a turnover calculation in which multiple scales can be compared and monitored in real time. A supervisor can see exactly which scale is giving the best turnover or the worst. This also motivated people to work more securely, which again benefits the business' turnover. We believe that the weighing equipment helps the business to get a better grip on the weighing process," Steven emphasises.
"The fact that we don't use any Asian equipment and design everything including printing plates in the Netherlands is really defining. This is why we might be slightly more expensive than the next business, but we have a very different quality. You can work with our machines and software for years without a problem," Steven concludes.
For more information:
De Iepenwei 14i
4191 PD Geldermalsen
T: +31-(0)345 570 558
Publication date: 10/16/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: