Job offersmore »
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Monterosa tomato coming to North America
Semillas Fitó, S.A. and Mastronardi Produce have entered a long term partnership for the production and exclusive distribution of Monterosa tomatoes in North America.
The strategic partnership is key to Fito’s international brand sales strategy, and will bring their proprietary Monterosa tomatoes to North American consumers.
Since its commercial launch two years ago, Monterosa, a cross between a pear tomato from Spain and a Costoluto Genovese from Italy, is obtaining excellent results both in the national market (distributed through Gavà Group company) and in Europe (distributed through BelOrta in Belgium, Savéol in France and Cedior in Italy) Fito told.
The Monterosa tomato is characterized by its intense pink color, a sweet taste with soft meat and fine skin that consumers worldwide will now enjoy.
Mastronardi will be holding the first Monterosa tasting at PMA Fresh Summit next week at booth 533.
For more information:
Tel: +1 519 326 3218
Mob: +1 519 990 6933
Publication date: 10/12/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: