Job offersmore »
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: Andalusian Parliament requests strategic plan for cherry sectorWith the support of all groups, the Andalusian Parliament has agreed to launch an initiative urging the Andalusian Government to develop and implement a strategic plan to support the cherry sector, including studies to create designations of origin.
According to the text approved, the strategic plan requires the participation of public administrations, rural development groups, universities, technology centres, agrarian organizations, producers, cooperatives, marketers and environmental, social and economic associations.
The initiative includes nine additional measures that have been unanimously approved by all parties present in the Committee for Agriculture.
The Andalusian cherry production accounts for 6.21 percent of Spain's total volume and its market is on the rise, especially in northern European countries such as Finland, France or Germany.
The non-legislative proposal also includes support for the creation of first and second degree cooperatives that can generate economic synergies and improve their competitiveness.
Another objective is to highlight the qualities of Andalusia's cherry production, to which end, the regional Parliament will endorse feasibility studies for the granting of Protected Designations of Origin to the cherries grown in the municipalities of Castillo de Locubín and Torres (Jaen), as well as in Güejar (Granada), and the start of the formalities necessary for their certification.
Publication date: 10/12/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: