Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Walmart plans to sell Japanese supermarket unit Seiyu
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: Andalusian Parliament requests strategic plan for cherry sectorWith the support of all groups, the Andalusian Parliament has agreed to launch an initiative urging the Andalusian Government to develop and implement a strategic plan to support the cherry sector, including studies to create designations of origin.
According to the text approved, the strategic plan requires the participation of public administrations, rural development groups, universities, technology centres, agrarian organizations, producers, cooperatives, marketers and environmental, social and economic associations.
The initiative includes nine additional measures that have been unanimously approved by all parties present in the Committee for Agriculture.
The Andalusian cherry production accounts for 6.21 percent of Spain's total volume and its market is on the rise, especially in northern European countries such as Finland, France or Germany.
The non-legislative proposal also includes support for the creation of first and second degree cooperatives that can generate economic synergies and improve their competitiveness.
Another objective is to highlight the qualities of Andalusia's cherry production, to which end, the regional Parliament will endorse feasibility studies for the granting of Protected Designations of Origin to the cherries grown in the municipalities of Castillo de Locubín and Torres (Jaen), as well as in Güejar (Granada), and the start of the formalities necessary for their certification.
Publication date: 10/12/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: