Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: Andalusian Parliament requests strategic plan for cherry sectorWith the support of all groups, the Andalusian Parliament has agreed to launch an initiative urging the Andalusian Government to develop and implement a strategic plan to support the cherry sector, including studies to create designations of origin.
According to the text approved, the strategic plan requires the participation of public administrations, rural development groups, universities, technology centres, agrarian organizations, producers, cooperatives, marketers and environmental, social and economic associations.
The initiative includes nine additional measures that have been unanimously approved by all parties present in the Committee for Agriculture.
The Andalusian cherry production accounts for 6.21 percent of Spain's total volume and its market is on the rise, especially in northern European countries such as Finland, France or Germany.
The non-legislative proposal also includes support for the creation of first and second degree cooperatives that can generate economic synergies and improve their competitiveness.
Another objective is to highlight the qualities of Andalusia's cherry production, to which end, the regional Parliament will endorse feasibility studies for the granting of Protected Designations of Origin to the cherries grown in the municipalities of Castillo de Locubín and Torres (Jaen), as well as in Güejar (Granada), and the start of the formalities necessary for their certification.
Publication date: 10/12/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: