Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- AU: Some WA Strawberry growers forecast average production despite TPP
- Germany: Substantial price increases for Spanish imported vegetables
- "Hopefully 2018 will be a better year for avocados than 2017"
- Opening of apple season in Eastern Free State, South Africa
- Ukraine: Blueberry demand still growing faster than supplies
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Peruvian food exports to South Korea have doubled since 2011
Peru's food exports to South Korea totalled US$140.56 million in the first eight months of 2017, up 99% over the same period in 2011, the Peruvian Exporters Association (Adex) reported.
The guild noted the Andean country had not signed a Free Trade Agreement (FTA) with the Asian country until 2011. According to Adex head Juan Varilias Velasquez, agricultural and fishery products are well received in the South Korean market.
"South Koreans prioritise their health and appearance, hence the inclusion of Brazil nuts, mangoes, grapes, cacao, bananas, hydro-biological species and aguaymanto —used for cosmetics purposes— in the Peruvian exportable supply to said market," he affirmed.
Publication date: 10/12/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: