Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
90% of Peruvian blueberries are produced in La LibertadIn La Libertad, the Peruvian region with the country's largest blueberry production, accounting for about 90% of the total, the Regional Production Management (GRPRO), the National Quality Institute (INACAL) and the Centre for Productive Innovation and Agro-industrial Technology Transfer (CITE) Chavimochic have taken the first steps for the creation of a Technical Subcommittee on Blueberry Standardization, whose goal will be to develop technical standards to improve the quality of the production.
This initiative took place in the framework of the "Workshop for parties interested in the creation of the Technical Subcommittee on Blueberry Standardization", held at the College of Engineers.
GRPRO Deputy Manager for Industry, Wilson González Aguilar, said that with these actions, a major boost will be given to the competitive level of blueberries in the world, given that it is a fruit of high nutritional and medicinal value and is very much appreciated in the market.
Peru is the world's 10th largest exporter of blueberries. In 2016, according to Sierra Exportadora, the main destinations for the fruit were the United States (54.70%), the Netherlands (23.20%), the United Kingdom (13.5%), Canada (2.10%) and Hong Kong (1.90%).
Publication date: 10/12/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: