Job offersmore »
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Egypt: Greater efforts to be made in pest residue monitoringThe Egyptian Minister of Agriculture and Land Reclamation, Dr Abdul Moneim El-Banna, has gone ahead with the launch of a national plan to monitor pesticide residues in local markets through the withdrawal and analysis of fruit and vegetable crop samples.
He pointed out that the establishment of a strict system to monitor pesticide residues in local markets aims to demonstrate the Egyptian state's interest in the health of Egyptian consumers, as well as in the protection of the environment from pollution. The goal is also to gain the trust of overseas importers interested in purchasing Egyptian agricultural products.
He added that the Egyptian government authorities are working together with non-governmental organizations in order to raise the level of safety in agricultural and food production, as well as to work on developing a system that helps meets internationally agreed standards in this field.
Publication date: 10/12/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: