Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
Egypt: Greater efforts to be made in pest residue monitoringThe Egyptian Minister of Agriculture and Land Reclamation, Dr Abdul Moneim El-Banna, has gone ahead with the launch of a national plan to monitor pesticide residues in local markets through the withdrawal and analysis of fruit and vegetable crop samples.
He pointed out that the establishment of a strict system to monitor pesticide residues in local markets aims to demonstrate the Egyptian state's interest in the health of Egyptian consumers, as well as in the protection of the environment from pollution. The goal is also to gain the trust of overseas importers interested in purchasing Egyptian agricultural products.
He added that the Egyptian government authorities are working together with non-governmental organizations in order to raise the level of safety in agricultural and food production, as well as to work on developing a system that helps meets internationally agreed standards in this field.
Publication date: 10/12/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: