Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Italy: Two million fennel plants currently being harvested
The harvesting of fennel started a few days ago in Romagna, where there is a company that will wash, process and package 2 million plants over the next forty days. Quality is excellent and prices are good too.
The company is Caligari&Babbi, owner of the Finò brand. Marco Babbi explains that "harvesting is in full swing. Our producers planted 2 million plants and sales are going well. The market is rather receptive now and prices are good. We suffered doing the past year but now things seem to be better."
Quality is very good despite the summer temperatures. Fennel was transplanted with 40°C and we had doubts it would grow, but everything turned out well in the end.
"We are also selling our produce abroad, to France and Belgium in particular. The quality of our fennel is much appreciated, so much so that we are establishing new relationships. Volumes have been growing, so we are hopeful for the future and are also planning on building a new facility."
Yields are more than satisfactory, i.e. 40-50 tons per hectare. In addition, the produce is healthy due to the lack of rain.
Caligari & Babbi srl
Via E. Bevilacqua, 17
Savignano su Rubicone (FC)
Tel.: +39 (0)541 942599
Fax: +39 (0)541 201919
Publication date: 10/12/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: