Job offersmore »
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Tanzanian horticultural exports up 17.8% to $642M
Tanzanian horticultural exports were valued at $642 million, up 17.8% compared to the year before ($545 million), thecitizen reported.
In parallel, horticulture has contributed to 43% of export earnings, confirming its position as the sub-sector of activity with the fastest growth rate in the agricultural sector.
While the latter recorded an overall growth rate of 4.8% over the past five years, horticulture grew by 11%, Jacqueline Mkindi, managing director of the Tanzania Horticultural Association (TAHA), revealed.
Despite these positive indicators, the official said many challenges still hamper the development of this sub-sector. These include, among others, post-harvest losses and poor storage facilities.
Publication date: 10/12/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: