Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Tanzanian horticultural exports up 17.8% to $642M
Tanzanian horticultural exports were valued at $642 million, up 17.8% compared to the year before ($545 million), thecitizen reported.
In parallel, horticulture has contributed to 43% of export earnings, confirming its position as the sub-sector of activity with the fastest growth rate in the agricultural sector.
While the latter recorded an overall growth rate of 4.8% over the past five years, horticulture grew by 11%, Jacqueline Mkindi, managing director of the Tanzania Horticultural Association (TAHA), revealed.
Despite these positive indicators, the official said many challenges still hamper the development of this sub-sector. These include, among others, post-harvest losses and poor storage facilities.
Publication date: 10/12/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: