Job offersmore »
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
From Pete's Living Greens
New veggies rooted in freshness
Pete’s Living Greens, the California-based produce company specializing in hydroponically grown, Non-GMO Verified living lettuces and living cress varieties, will showcase the newest additions to their line of living produce, Endive and Escarole, at the 2017 PMA Fresh Summit. These new greens, which debut in the brand’s popular Living Strips format, are in the running for the PMA Fresh Summit Impact Award, which recognizes excellence in packaging based on functionality, sustainability and consumer convenience. Winners will be announced during the show.
Available now in seven varieties – Endive, Escarole, Baby Romaine, Spring Mix, Sweet Butter Blend, Italian Mix and Upland Cress – Pete’s Living Strips offer consumers a fresh alternative to bagged salad mixes. With the new Strips, the best varieties of greens perfect for punching up salads, sandwiches and any balanced meal now come in living versions with their roots still intact for supreme flavor and longevity.
“While we are highly driven to continue innovating in the living produce space, our focus will always revolve around providing consumers with the top-quality fresh and sustainable produce that fits into their busy lifestyles,” said Pete Overgaag, the Vice President of Innovation & Corporate Strategy for the eponymous Pete’s Living Greens.
Each Living Strip comes in a patent-pending 100% recyclable plastic container, known as the Home Harvest Pack™, with a revolutionary “root containment compartment,” giving consumers an easy, no-mess way to harvest only the leaves that they need by pulling or cutting them out of the top portion of the package. The new Living Strips are now available at California-area retailers including Stater Brothers, Safeway, Von’s, Albertson’s and Bristol Farms.
Formerly known as Hollandia Produce and recognized for its Live Gourmet and Grower Pete’s lines of living lettuce and cress varieties, Pete’s Living Greens recently rebranded across all product lines with a fresh new name and logo accompanied by a more modern, natural look. The updates to the design and to the brand as a whole address consumer purchase drivers and sow the seeds – literally and figuratively – for product innovation.
Pete’s Living Greens’ existing line of living lettuces and cress varieties are available at select grocers, specialty health markets and club stores nationwide with a broader expansion in foodservice and on the East Coast through 2017.
Attendees are invited to the Pete’s Living Greens booth (#3301), where the new Strips will be on display alongside a Living Lettuce Wall made up entirely of heads of Living Butter Lettuce.
Publication date: 10/17/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: