Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Peru to host the 2018 GlobalGap Summit
According to AGAP, the growth projections of the agricultural sector for 2021 are quite encouraging.
"The Peruvian agricultural sector is the country's second most important export income generating sector. This sector involves producers from many regions of the country who have joined the export chain thanks to an adequate legal framework, synchronized private/public work and the addition of 183 thousand hectares in almost 20 years," said Ricardo Polis, president of AGAP.
In that sense, he said that the growth projections for 2021 are completely encouraging. However, he stressed that the country should expand its agricultural frontier with new products in new production areas, encouraging research and innovation in agriculture. To achieve this the country requires that the public institutions work on its pending issues more quickly, hand in hand with the private sector.
"Since 2015 the Association of Agricultural Producers Guilds of Peru, AGAP, has been working with GlobalGAP and, thanks to our outstanding agricultural supply, Peru will be the host country of the GlobalGap Summit 2018," he said.
The summit will be held from November 5 to 8, 2018 and it will be attended by more than 450 foreign delegates and more than 70 national and international exhibitors.
According to Polis, this is a great opportunity to show the world Peru's good agricultural, social, and environmental practices and to complement the good work the country's has been doing to make Peru a first world innovative and competitive agricultural exporting power.
Publication date: 10/12/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: