Job offersmore »
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Agriculture Capital raises $548M for sustainable agriculture
Sustainable agriculture continues to be a winner for Agriculture Capital, the investment unit under the umbrella of Portland-based money manager Equilibrium Capital.
The firm said it recently closed what it has dubbed “AC II” with $548 million in funding, far outdistancing a $400 million target and building on the $255 million it raised through AC I, which began investing in January 2014.
“It’s the same direction we went in with the first fund,” Bill Campbell, Equilibrium’s head of sustainability, structuring and compliance, said of the new fund.
That means it will pour capital into what the firm calls “scaled regenerative permanent crop agriculture.” Breaking it down, that’s sophisticated, sustainably operated farms growing crops — trees and bushes – that don’t have to be replanted every year. The firm said it invests in farmland as well as "midstream processing assets."
In a 2015 Business Journal event, Dave Chen, Equilibrium's chairman, said the firm's strategy in agriculture was aimed at "taking advantage of sustainability trends as an economic advantage."
Publication date: 10/12/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: