Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
Panalpina launches online rate quote for airfreight
In its latest move toward digitization, third-party logistics provider Panalpina launched an online rate quote function for its new online customer portal.
The Swiss company said it had completed a successful pilot project with selected airfreight customers to introduce its automated online quotation and booking platform for ad hoc cargo.
Calling the roll-out a “first step,” Panalpina said it plans to launch the platform across its wider product portfolio and customer base during the first quarter of 2018.
The platform will allow customers to receive instant quotes and to book services with select airfreight customers online. “The platform offers key features such as dynamic pricing, global coverage and online 24/7 accessibility,” said Lucas Kuehner, global head of Air Freight at Panalpina.
Publication date: 10/12/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: