Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- Tanimura & Antle launches Artisan Dew Drop cabbage
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
Exchange ratesmore »
Transparency from field to fork
Croatian platform makes FNV origin available for consumersAfter years of working in the fresh fruit vegetable sector, Marko Kozjak saw the need to standardise product information and make it more accessible, especially for the end consumer.
"The concept design began in 2014, and I started the realisation of the project with private funding in 2016. During this time, while I was in the process of financing the enterprise, along with accessing the necessary logistics support, my friend, and now partner, Nikola Vido, joined the project," shared Marko.
The company and the platform share the name VeeMee, which in Croatian signifies a You-We relationship. VeeMee is a network platform which, by way of Personal ID (PID), the manufacturer, provides relevant information about authenticity, or the origin of the product and the services.
The website works as a search engine, similar to Google, made up of a database of PIDs, manufacturers and companies. Every producer and company is issued a QR code which can be scanned via a free app and can be used on any mobile device.
"Once the end consumer purchases a product in a retail chain, market or stand, they are able to find out more about the background of what they are buying. By way of the platform and assigning a PID, we to give end users the opportunity to know a bit more about the manufacturers and origin of products they are buying by using a QR code, which can be found on the packaging," said Marko.
"We have received interest from around the world and are currently negotiating with people from the Netherlands, Ireland, Poland, Italy and China, to add their producers and companies on to our platform, which would make it a global platform. We will be attending Fruit Logistica in Berlin in 2018 and have also been invited to the Amsterdam Agricultural Startup in February."
While it is only available for the Croation market at the moment, Marko said that the company has plans to offer the website in English in the very near future.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: