Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Central Australian table grape grower expands with 8,000 new vines
A Central Australian grape farm in Ti Tree is gearing up for this year's harvest, putting 8,000 new vines in the ground with the hope they will produce a crop as soon as next year.
New manager Tony Camera said despite pests attacking the new vines, they looked to be coming along nicely.
"We put menindee seedless in. Hopefully we can get them all up and get them going for next year," he said.
According to Mr Camera, next year the new vines would likely produce only a couple of bunches, but the year after would be much higher yields.
"Next year there won't be much because the root system has to establish and get the canes to roll down, to get the grapes," he said.
"[There will be] probably two boxes a vine the following year."
Publication date: 10/11/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: