Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Soil survey in Uganda to help improve agriculture
Scientists are carrying out a soil survey for Uganda to determine the level of depletion of soil nutrients and minerals as a result of climate change.
This will enable policy makers design methods to improve Uganda’s agriculture production system.
The knowledge will also help to determine the amount of potassium, nitrogen, phosphorus and the soil PH.
This will be useful to the local farmers to determine when and how to add fertilizers during farming.
One of the Scientists in the study, Prof George William Otim Nape, the executive director Africa Innovation Institute (AFRII) said the results will be analyzed to give the percentage of soil nutrients and minerals.
“Once we are done, it’s going to be very valuable in helping us improve our agriculture,” Otim said.
Publication date: 10/11/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: