Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Brazil: Domestic price of Red Globe expected to increaseThe prices of the Red Globe grapes are expected to increase this month due to a decline in supply from the San Francisco Valley. Most producers in that region harvest this variety between July and September. This is positive for the producers that still have volumes, as according to HF Brasil, prices were pressured in August and September. Even though good volumes were exported during these months, especially to Argentina, prices in the domestic market between July and September were 15% less than last year for the same period.
The lower prices are explained by HF Brasil by higher volumes available at the beginning of the harvest. “In July, because of the start of the harvest, prices were higher than in the following months due to lower supply. However, this year some production areas suffered from a delay in maturation and therefore a larger volume was available at the same time.”
Exports of fresh grapes to Argentina have been very good this year. Numbers totaled 1.4 thousand tons, which were exported during the period from July to September. This is 200% more than the same period last year. It’s expected that the imported Red Globes will arrive in the market soon. HF Brasil explains that the import from, for example, Brazil, Italy, Spain and Peru will affect the market.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: