Job offersmore »
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- Ecuador: Banana prices are expected to be high at the beginning of 2018
- Excessive temperatures worry Western Cape citrus farmers
- The new entry for the Crimson Snow family is the French Mesfruits
- "We currently distribute 7,000 to 8,000 fruit baskets a week"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Spain is the number one exporter of fresh fruit and vegetables globally
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Guizhang kiwi market appears to be stable
"Because the production season of Guizhang kiwis is now booming, through refrigerated storage, the supply period will last until July next year. The current market for Guizhang kiwis is good. The price is the same as last year, around 12 yuan per 500 gram (excluding packaging and distribution)," according to Mr. Wu Shaochun of Guizhou Gui Ren Organic Agriculture Development Co Ltd.
The natural production of Guizhang kiwis
Packaged Guizhang kiwis
"Guizhang kiwis are a first-rate breed of kiwis that combine a sweet and sour taste with that of a sweet potato. Through years of market promotion, they have become very popular amongst consumers. Contrary to mainstream fruit, like apples and bananas, the popularity of these middle and high end kiwis has been gradually increasing. They are even seen as a high end present."
Freshly harvested high quality kiwis
"While we are steadily developing our offline sales, we are also planning our online sales. We are hoping that we can bring our Guizhang kiwis to even more people by using e-commerce platforms. Furthermore, we have seen that there are differences in the purchasing process of kiwis. Some consumers like the sweet taste of the kiwis. That is why some producers of low end products use growth stimulators to create a sweeter taste. Other consumers prefer our natural, ecological, both sweet and sour Guizhang kiwis!"
Mr. Wu Shaochun
Guizhou Gui Ren Organic Agriculture Development Co., Ltd.
Phone: +86 139 8401 5432
Publication date: 10/11/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: