Job offersmore »
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
Top 5 - yesterday
- Spain: Report accuses major veg producer of severe environmental damage
- Grape grower-shipper opens new warehouse in Nogales, AZ
- One of New Zealand’s newest apple varieties starts Dazzling the world
- AU: New technology delivering biodegradable produce labels
- Canada: Big data means big returns for farmers British Columbia
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Farmer’s Best exhibits for 21st year at Fresh Summit
Farmer’s Best is set to exhibit at the Produce Marketing Association (PMA) Fresh Summit Conference and Expo for the 21st consecutive year. This year’s trade show will take place at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans.
The Farmer’s Best team will be busy discussing a number of topics with current and potential clients during the event. Highlights include Farmer’s Best products, its four core commitments of food safety, quality, reliability and sustainability, its social responsibility programs and major land expansion in San Luis Potosí.
This expansion is certainly the biggest news of 2017 for the 51-year old company. After years of seasonally-based supply, San Luis Potosí improvements increased the availability of three key Farmer’s Best products: cucumbers, Roma tomatoes and green bell peppers.
The larger growing operations and practices now allow for growing and distribution of all three in-demand products throughout the summer season as well as its traditional winter production. Bell pepper production has also improved with upgraded technology like a new sorting machine.
Farmer’s Best general manager Leonardo Tarriba (left) and vice president of sales and marketing Steve Yubeta (right) will be onsite at the company’s PMA Fresh Summit booth in New Orleans.
“We are certainly very excited about what’s been taking place lately here at Farmer’s Best,” said Leonardo Tarriba, general manager of Farmer’s Best. “PMA Fresh Summit is one of the most important industry events that we attend during the year. It’s such an ideal opportunity to meet with our great partners, distributors and clients as well as getting to know new potential clients.”
Farmer’s Best team members, including Tarriba along with vice president of sales and marketing Steve Yubeta and others, will be available to greet attendees at booth number 1057 during PMA Fresh Summit.
“If you are at the show, we’d love to talk with you,” said Yubeta. “It’s such a productive trade show and we are eager to share news about all the good things that are happening with Farmer’s Best. Make sure that you drop by and say ‘hello’ to us.”
Farmer’s Best fruits and vegetables are all grown in Mexico and distributed from its centers in Nogales, Ariz. and McAllen, Texas to the United States and Canada. The company incorporates sustainable practices throughout all its growing, harvesting, packing and shipping operations. These include reclaimed water programs, among other things, and the company’s primary focus on food safety and providing quality produce for the market.
Publication date: 10/17/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: