Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- New Zealand company creates robots for horticulture
- Maersk outlines techniques to preserve quality of blueberries during shipment
- Hydroponics, focusing on nutritional value per hectare
- NZ: The apple varieties putting the focus back into taste
- Fresh Del Monte Produce to buy back $300 million in outstanding shares
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
China: New retail challenges for cold chain logistics
The retail sector changes very quickly. Every day, there are more small orders, frequency increases, channel characteristics change, product quality and consumption scenarios have changed too. The retail sector adjusts itself according to young customers needs and it is a huge challenge for logistics. That is especially true for cold logistics since there are a lot of orders that include fresh food, cold drinks and medicine. Modern logistics requires sorting facilities, sorting systems and delivery for supermarkets and other groups of clients, all in one place.
Jack Ma said that the age of new logistics has begun. Richard Liu noted that it is the time of the fourth retail revolution. It you look at logistics data analysis, you'll see that internet sales are pulling ahead of local wholesale markets. From the perspective of cold chain supply companies, the main source of profit from retail is the supply chain cost control.
1) The structure of new retail is changing.
2) Supply chain cost and efficiency are determining the level of development of new retail.
3) A challenge for cold logistics.
Source: Refrigeration Express
Publication date: 10/11/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: