Job offersmore »
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- Ecuador: Banana prices are expected to be high at the beginning of 2018
- Excessive temperatures worry Western Cape citrus farmers
- The new entry for the Crimson Snow family is the French Mesfruits
- "We currently distribute 7,000 to 8,000 fruit baskets a week"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Spain is the number one exporter of fresh fruit and vegetables globally
Exchange ratesmore »
China: New retail challenges for cold chain logistics
The retail sector changes very quickly. Every day, there are more small orders, frequency increases, channel characteristics change, product quality and consumption scenarios have changed too. The retail sector adjusts itself according to young customers needs and it is a huge challenge for logistics. That is especially true for cold logistics since there are a lot of orders that include fresh food, cold drinks and medicine. Modern logistics requires sorting facilities, sorting systems and delivery for supermarkets and other groups of clients, all in one place.
Jack Ma said that the age of new logistics has begun. Richard Liu noted that it is the time of the fourth retail revolution. It you look at logistics data analysis, you'll see that internet sales are pulling ahead of local wholesale markets. From the perspective of cold chain supply companies, the main source of profit from retail is the supply chain cost control.
1) The structure of new retail is changing.
2) Supply chain cost and efficiency are determining the level of development of new retail.
3) A challenge for cold logistics.
Source: Refrigeration Express
Publication date: 10/11/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: