Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
PMA Fresh Summit
Shuman Produce announces live cooking demos and giveaway
Shuman Produce has an exciting booth planned for PMA Fresh Summit in October, including delicious samples of RealSweet® brand sweet onions and sweet potatoes and a Big Green Egg Giveaway.
As a year-round grower and shipper of RealSweet® brand onions, Shuman Produce plans to showcase its Peruvian sweet onions available to retailers during the fall and winter months. Peru offers the ideal combination of weather and sandy soils that allow for a premium sweet onion. RealSweet® Peruvian sweet onions maintain the taste, sweetness and color found in RealSweet® Vidalia onions. This year, Shuman Produce proudly celebrates 20 years of growing premium sweet onions in Peru.
Shuman Produce will also be highlighting its RealSweet® brand sweet potato crop. The Georgia crop was harvested in late September and will be available to retailers in time for Thanksgiving. Shuman Produce will offer the sweet potatoes in both 40 lb. bulk and consumer pack options.
Kevin Jenkins and Erik Holdo, also known as the personalities Chef & The Fat Man, will once again host live cooking demos featuring RealSweet® Peruvian sweet onions and sweet potatoes at Shuman Produce’s booth, #4237. This dynamic duo will entertain and provide delicious meal samples that highlight Shuman Produce’s products.
PMA Fresh Summit attendees can also enter to win a Big Green Egg by visiting Shuman Produce’s booth. Big Green Egg is the highest-quality ceramic kamado-style charcoal grill that can be used as a smoker, oven or grill, allowing for a variety of ways to enjoy RealSweet® Peruvian sweet onions. It’s the perfect complement to tailgates and barbecues.
Visit Shuman Produce at booth #4237 at PMA Fresh Summit October 20-21 in New Orleans, Louisiana.
Publication date: 10/13/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: