Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Mann's removes non-GMO label from its lettuce products
After a concerned consumer and supporter of science and agriculture reached out to Mann’s Fresh Vegetables about their non-GMO label, the company came back with a surprising answer. They are removing it.
According to PR Week, Mann Packing is removing the non-GMO verified check from its single-cut lettuce products in its next print run … because there is no GMO lettuce. And it looks like this is just the beginning of ripping off the label.
Mann’s Fresh Vegetables responded to Angela Christine Jones’s post on Facebook:
“Many vegetables are non-gmo and will always be non-gmo. We are working to better educate our consumers so they can understand what that means and how it impacts things. We hope to have more info to present to you soon!”
Publication date: 10/11/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: