Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Walmart plans to sell Japanese supermarket unit Seiyu
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Uzbekistan aims to supply Russia with produce worth 1 billion dollars
Uzbekistan aims for the value of its annual fruit and vegetable exports to Russia to amount to one billion dollars, as reported by Elyor Ganiev, Minister of Foreign Trade of the Republic. He also stated that this year, the country has increased the supply of fresh and processed fruits and vegetables to Russia by almost 30%.
"This has been possible thanks to the relations established with Russian retailers and consumers of agricultural products, as well as the setting up of a joint trading house between Uzagroexport and Uzagroline and the creation of a green corridor at the government level. In this, our customs and quarantine services have played a key role," Ganiev said.
Regarding the creation of the green corridor, the Uzbek side is reported to be grateful to the Russian government and to President Putin for supporting this initiative.
"Today, we have all the opportunities to increase the value of our fruit and vegetable shipments to between 800 million and 1 billion dollars per year, which is realistic, but unfortunately, the current volumes remain rather modest, despite the 30% growth. Consequently, there is a great potential in this area," stressed the head of the Ministry of Foreign Trade.
It is worth recalling that, in the framework of the International fruit and vegetable fair held in early September in Tashkent, Uzbek companies signed contracts for the supply of fruits and vegetables worth about 1.5 billion dollars.
The main markets for Uzbek fruit are Russia and Kazakhstan. Today, the Russian Federation accounts for about 60% of the total exports. Over the past year, the supply of Uzbek fruit and vegetable products to Russia has doubled, and the positive dynamics continue this year.
Publication date: 10/10/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: