Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Hungary: Boost to tomato processing capacityMr Ledó Ferenc, President of the Hungarian Fruit and Vegetable Interprofessional Organization and Product Council (Fruitveb), told the Hungarian Times that at the beginning of the decade, the production of industrial tomatoes stood at 17-18 thousand tonnes and it was feared that not only production, but also processing would cease in the country; however, thanks to Univer's investments, the sector has escaped this and production has multiplied.
This year, about 1,500 hectares have been devoted to the production of industrial tomatoes and it is estimated that 120-125 thousand tonnes will be available for processors, and next year Ferenc expects more dynamic growth than ever before.
At the end of August, Univer opened the biggest and one of the most modern tomato processing plants in Central Europe in Kecskemét. The company increased its capacity to 140,000 tonnes, virtually doubling its annual capacity. As a result of the investment, tomatoes will be planted by farmers on 2,000-2,200 hectares next year, reported the Hungarian Times.
Publication date: 10/9/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: