Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
South African company capitalises on low-carb diets with vegetable pasta
From the Atkins diet, which peaked in late 2003, to banting, made popular in recent years by Professor Tim Noakes and, lately, the ketogenic diet (or keto for short), low-carbohydrate eating (typically light in products such as sugary foods, pasta and bread) have become increasingly popular worldwide.
Capitalising on this low-carb trend, South Africa's Dew Crisp recently introduced “pasta from veg” products and explained the thinking behind the move.
"We were extremely excited to have teamed up with food technology company, FormFoods, who holds worldwide patents on this exciting technology. It allows us to bring healthy vegetables into a completely new category in-store."
"The trend has been developing over many years and it took FormFoods almost 10 years to get these products market-ready and jointly it took us another two years to commercialise production. We saw the trend which is driving this launch in time and we reacted."
Publication date: 10/9/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: