Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Wawona acquires stone fruit breeding operations of Burchell Nursery
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Walmart: purchase of Perimercados, Super Compro and Saretto
- New Transatlantic route brings huge vessels to Port of Liverpool
Exchange ratesmore »
FIRA International Forum of Agricultural Robotics to return November 29th
After a successful first edition in 2016, the FIRA International Forum of Agricultural Robotics is back on November 29th and 30th in Toulouse, France.
The agricultural robotics forum is being organised by the French farmbot specialist, Naïo Technologies, for the second time in a row. The event aims to unite international players in agricultural robotics to discuss the sector’s challenges with stakeholders from around the world: farmers, industries, researchers, institutions, media.
The event includes internationally recognised speakers, pitches from agricultural innovators, an exhibition area and demos of agricultural robots, as well as bar-camps to discuss tomorrow’s agriculture. All FIRA events are resolutely international and open to all: they will be live-streamed in English and French on a dedicated YouTube channel.
November 29th, understanding the ‘AgRobolution’
November 29th will be dedicated to 4 different themes to help participants understand the global implications of agricultural robotics, from robots in the field to anticipating future evolutions. The schedule includes:
- 10:30 – Why robots are entering our fields
- 14:00 – How farmbots can help in the field
- 15:30 – Farmbots, the new assistants of farmers
- 17:30 – Moving towards a new farming system
- 19:00 – Cocktail and Move Your Robot award ceremony
FIRA is gaining momentum for its second edition and includes an exhibition area that shines the spotlight on a variety of farmbots and robotic companies:
- EcoRobotix: weeding robots
- Naïo Technologies: Oz & Dino weeding robots for farmers and vineyard robot Ted
- Sony CSL: LettuceThink robot
- Vitibot: vineyard robot
- PowerTech Systems: Lithium batteries
- Trimble Vantage: GPS RTK solutions
- Phenospex: 3D sensors
Move your robot 2017
The evening of November 29th is dedicated to informal discussions as well as the Move Your Robot award ceremony, which will be presided by Toulouse Metropole.
November 30th, Barcamp day
November 30th is bar-camp day, with workshops around the theme “The road towards Agricultural Robotics” to discuss the international development of agricultural robotics. All FIRA 2017 participants will be invited to work together and further develop the themes that were raised in 2016 to establish concrete actions for the field.
“The goal of FIRA 2017 is to lay the groundwork for the international development of agricultural robotics,” explains Gaëtan Séverac, Naïo Technologies Managing Director and FIRA organiser. “FIRA is more than a farmbot event: it does provide the perfect occasion to present existing farmbot solutions, but we believe the forum should also help prepare the ecosystem to solve issues farmers are confronted with on a daily basis,” adds Aymeric Barthes, the company’s cofounder.
Even though Naïo Technologies has initiated and organised FIRA for two years now, “we really aim to stimulate the dynamics of the farmbot sector. In 2018, we hope to further extend the reach of FIRA and count on major industrial players to increase the event’s international scope,” Gaëtan concludes.
For more information:
Tel: +33 6 88 87 17 11
Publication date: 10/9/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: