Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Mexican fruit grower union accuses US of smuggling 200 tons of apples
According to reports from The Chihuahua Herald, the Union of Fruit Growers for the State of Chihuahua says 200 tons of U.S. ‘Golden Delicious’ apples were smuggled into Mexico through the Tijuana border in Baja, CA.
The union is seeking an investigation into how the apples, said to be brought over in 10 trailers, occurred.
Unifruit President, Elier Homero García Domínguez, says an agent reviewing import requests in customs did not find any request for the apples. García Domínguez says he believes there is corruption within the customs officials, which is how the apples were allowed into Mexico.
Publication date: 10/5/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: