Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Mexican fruit grower union accuses US of smuggling 200 tons of apples
According to reports from The Chihuahua Herald, the Union of Fruit Growers for the State of Chihuahua says 200 tons of U.S. ‘Golden Delicious’ apples were smuggled into Mexico through the Tijuana border in Baja, CA.
The union is seeking an investigation into how the apples, said to be brought over in 10 trailers, occurred.
Unifruit President, Elier Homero García Domínguez, says an agent reviewing import requests in customs did not find any request for the apples. García Domínguez says he believes there is corruption within the customs officials, which is how the apples were allowed into Mexico.
Publication date: 10/5/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: