Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- "Our Kissabel apples go beyond offering a new variety"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “Our Edipeel product keeps ripe avocados ripe for twice as long”
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
- Peru: French company is interested in dried organic produce
Exchange ratesmore »
BC’s 2017 cranberry harvest is underway
The cranberry season started on September 21st with the first berries for the fresh market being harvested, quickly followed on September 25h with berries that will end up in juices, sauces, sweetened dried cranberries (Craisins) and more.
“We are excited to see harvest is underway, knowing our growers have put in lots of hard work to grow another excellent crop.” says Jack Brown, Chairman of the BC Cranberry Marketing Commission.
Cranberry harvest in BC offers consumers an opportunity to purchase fresh BC cranberries at local supermarkets for Canadian Thanksgiving on October 9. Just look for the little bag of Ocean Spray cranberries in your produce department with a green emblem identifying fresh, local, BC cranberries.
The much anticipated annual Cranberry Festival in Fort Langley, celebrating its 22nd year, will happen this Saturday, October 7 from 8am to 5pm. Plan to attend early to get your chance to purchase fresh cranberries and enjoy family fun. To find out more visit: http://www.fortlangley.com/bia/cranfest.
Cranberries are available year-round and whether fresh, frozen, dried or in juice there is always a convenient way to ensure you are getting your daily dose of this tangy and healthy addition to your diet.
For more information:
BC Cranberry Marketing Commission
Publication date: 10/4/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: