Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
BC’s 2017 cranberry harvest is underway
The cranberry season started on September 21st with the first berries for the fresh market being harvested, quickly followed on September 25h with berries that will end up in juices, sauces, sweetened dried cranberries (Craisins) and more.
“We are excited to see harvest is underway, knowing our growers have put in lots of hard work to grow another excellent crop.” says Jack Brown, Chairman of the BC Cranberry Marketing Commission.
Cranberry harvest in BC offers consumers an opportunity to purchase fresh BC cranberries at local supermarkets for Canadian Thanksgiving on October 9. Just look for the little bag of Ocean Spray cranberries in your produce department with a green emblem identifying fresh, local, BC cranberries.
The much anticipated annual Cranberry Festival in Fort Langley, celebrating its 22nd year, will happen this Saturday, October 7 from 8am to 5pm. Plan to attend early to get your chance to purchase fresh cranberries and enjoy family fun. To find out more visit: http://www.fortlangley.com/bia/cranfest.
Cranberries are available year-round and whether fresh, frozen, dried or in juice there is always a convenient way to ensure you are getting your daily dose of this tangy and healthy addition to your diet.
For more information:
BC Cranberry Marketing Commission
Publication date: 10/4/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: