Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- Tanimura & Antle launches Artisan Dew Drop cabbage
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
Exchange ratesmore »
Ukrainian imports of Colombian bananas 32 times higher this year
Ukraine has significantly increased banana imports from Colombia in the season 2016/17 (September-August). According to Fruit-Inform, the import volumes were almost 32 times as high as a season before.
Colombia exported 41,000 tons of bananas to Ukraine in September 2016 – August 2017, against just 1,300 tons in the season 2015/16.
Nevertheless, despite such a considerable jump in exports, Colombia was still the third largest exporter of bananas to Ukraine with the share of 16%.
Meanwhile, Ecuador and Costa Rica remained the leaders with the shares of 61% and 20%, respectively.
Ukraine’s total imports of bananas reached a 4-year high of 282,000 tons, an increase of 70% year-on-year.
Publication date: 10/4/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: