Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Ukrainian imports of Colombian bananas 32 times higher this year
Ukraine has significantly increased banana imports from Colombia in the season 2016/17 (September-August). According to Fruit-Inform, the import volumes were almost 32 times as high as a season before.
Colombia exported 41,000 tons of bananas to Ukraine in September 2016 – August 2017, against just 1,300 tons in the season 2015/16.
Nevertheless, despite such a considerable jump in exports, Colombia was still the third largest exporter of bananas to Ukraine with the share of 16%.
Meanwhile, Ecuador and Costa Rica remained the leaders with the shares of 61% and 20%, respectively.
Ukraine’s total imports of bananas reached a 4-year high of 282,000 tons, an increase of 70% year-on-year.
Publication date: 10/4/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: