Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
Ukrainian imports of Colombian bananas 32 times higher this year
Ukraine has significantly increased banana imports from Colombia in the season 2016/17 (September-August). According to Fruit-Inform, the import volumes were almost 32 times as high as a season before.
Colombia exported 41,000 tons of bananas to Ukraine in September 2016 – August 2017, against just 1,300 tons in the season 2015/16.
Nevertheless, despite such a considerable jump in exports, Colombia was still the third largest exporter of bananas to Ukraine with the share of 16%.
Meanwhile, Ecuador and Costa Rica remained the leaders with the shares of 61% and 20%, respectively.
Ukraine’s total imports of bananas reached a 4-year high of 282,000 tons, an increase of 70% year-on-year.
Publication date: 10/4/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: