Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
4.2K tons of raisins distributed to 6 million students in Turkey
Food agriculture and Livestock Minister Ahmet Ashraf Fakıbaba, in a written statement, has said the coordination of the Ministry of National Education and health "pre-school and primary education to first-stage schools of distribution of Raisins program" continues to apply.
The application aims to give students the habit of dry fruit consumption, to contribute to an adequate and balanced nutrition of students. The project began with the distribution of approximately 604 tonnes of raisins, which were provided by the associations.
Fakibaba stated that the distribution of 2,606 tonnes of raisins was performed last year by the Land Crops Office, and in 2017, this task was given to the Central Union of Turkey's agricultural credit cooperatives. In the February-June period, 4,121 tonnes of grapes were distributed.
For the 2017-2018 education period, the Turkish Agricultural Credit Cooperatives Center Association, underlined the necessary planning with Fakıbaba, "starting today, the distribution of raisins to schools will begin. In this context, a total of 4,200 tons of grapes are distributed to students for 14 weeks in 25 gram packets. From this application, 32 thousand schools in 81 provinces, kindergartens, application classes and elementary schools will benefit approximately 6 million students."
Publication date: 10/4/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: